Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Second Hand/Recycle/Flea Markets

Japan With Kids - Forums: Second Hand/Recycle/Flea Markets

Welcome to Second Hand/Recycle/Flea Markets. So far people have submitted information only for Tokyo. But information from all over Japan is welcome. To start a new discussion perhaps for another part of Japan, click on the "Create New Conversation" button. If you are looking for or selling second-hand goods, please look at the For Sale section of the 'Classifieds'.
By Angel088 on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 12:36 am:

As you know there are huge varieties of fashion stores are available in the market but in some of the stores you will get the clothes as you want. The clothing materials that are specialized for women are mostly highlights the apparel selling website which you have found. Out of all, the variety of clothes you will easily find through the online stores.
link: http://www.qslingerie.com

By Pato on Sunday, January 22, 2012 - 3:56 am:

This is a flea market schedule and you can translate using Google translate. http://www.frma.jp/index.html

By Kit on Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 6:12 pm:

Nishimachi International School is holding it's annual Flea Market on May 24th, this coming Saturday, in the school gym, rain or shine, from 1 to 3 pm. Lots of excellent bargains, BBQ, a kid's talent show, and information booths on local NGOs and NPOs; proceeds go to support a school in Cambodia. Eight minutes from Azabu Juban station and ten minutes from Hiroo station (though Arisugawa Park). Use the Moto Azabu Hills building (the one that looks like it was built upside down) as a landmark; the school is two minutes from there. See you there!

By Admin on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 4:59 pm:

Tokyo: American Embassy Residential Compound fleamarket and ethnic foods is tomorrow, Saturday May 17 from 9:00 - 14:00. The closest subway stations are Roppongi or Tameikeisanno or Akasaka stations. Rain or shine.

By Sandy on Sunday, December 9, 2007 - 9:50 pm:

Chiba: Makuhari Jumbo Fleamarket
Date: 12/16/2007 (Sun)
Time: 10:00-16:00
Venue: International Exhibition Hall 1 http://www.m-messe.co.jp/facility_exhi1-8_e.html
Organizer: http://www.recycler.org/
Admission: Open to public 300yen, Free for elementary school children or younger, Early Entrance 8:30, 1,000yen (vendor I think)

By Kurz on Thursday, October 4, 2007 - 1:32 pm:

Tokyo: Bunkyo-ku Recycle Fair 2007
Oct 27 from 10:00- 15:00
at: Kyoiku no mori Koen (3 minutes walk from Myogadani station on the Marunochi Subway line) in front of the Bunkyo-ku Sports Center.

Flea market associated with the Fair is also from 10:00 to 15:00, though people sometimes start selling a bit sooner, around 9:30 depeding on how fast they manage to get set up.

By Kurz on Thursday, October 4, 2007 - 1:16 pm:

TOKYO: Kita-ku Kumin Festival
three locations and three flea markets!
Asukayama Park - two days October 6 and 7 from 11:00 to 15:00
Akabane Station nearby - two days October 6 and 7 from 11:00 to 15:00
Takinogawa Park - only October 7 10:00 - 15:00
Many other activities going on, beside flea market, such as stage shows, food stalls, and matsuri style games for young children.

By Kit on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 11:04 am:

Nishimachi International School is holding a charity bazaar on May 26th, this coming Saturday, from 11 to 3 pm. B-B-Q, lots of bargains, and musical entertainment; proceeds to support a school in Cambodia. Eight minutes from Azabu Juban station and ten minutes from Hiroo station (though Arisugawa Park). Use the Moto Azabu Hills building (the one that looks like it was built upside down) as a landmark; the school is two minutes from there.

By Cornelia on Tuesday, May 8, 2007 - 5:20 pm:

TOKYO: Tokyo American Club, 4th floor "Nearly New Sale"
2007 May 9, Ballroom (4F), Cash only
10:00  E14:30 Brought to you by The Women's Group
nearest subway: Kamiyacho on the Hibiya line
No parking for non-members.
No children under 12 please, except very small babies being carried at all times.
This sale usually has loads of children's clothes, toys, books and so on, as well as some adult and household items.
A map of the club's location can be found here: http://www.tokyoamericanclub.org/informationNews/directions/index.cfm

By Admin on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 11:20 am:

TOKYO:
Asukayama Park's Eco Fair and Flea market will be on 29 April 2007. (Oji station is at one corner of the park: JR Keihin Tohoku line and also Namboku subway line). In the past the jabujabu ike has been turned off during large events, but this is not consistent. For more info on the park itself: tokyowithkids.com/entertainment/municipalparks/asukayamapark.html

Nishimachi International School's Eleventh Annual Charity Flea Market is scheduled for Saturday, May 26, from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., in the Ushiba Memorial Gymnasium, NIS Campus, 2-14-7 Moto Azabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0046. There will also be a BBQ and some other events. It's a great place to pick up treasures!

By Admin on Sunday, April 8, 2007 - 5:59 pm:

Tokyo: US Embassy Residential compound flea market is on April 21 from 9 - 14:00.

By Admin on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 2:30 pm:

TOKYO, near IKEBUKURO: Recycle Plaza (in Japanese only)
3-33-22 Kami-Ikebukuro
Toshima-ku, Tokyo
(on Meiji dori between Nishi Sugamo and Ikebukuro)
tel: 03-3915-6825 open 11:00 - 21:00
Appliances, clothing, collectibles, some furniture, very small but organized. Prices negotiable.

By Karina Miyama on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 12:34 am:

Does anyone know where I could sell my twins used clothe/toys at some flea market or other events. preferably this summer. It is starting to make its way to the storage and now its full, it would be great to sell so I could buy them new ones. An online sale I think would be too time consuming for me right now. Any ideas would be great. I live near the Chiba station.

By Cornelia on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 12:26 pm:

TOKYO: I heard that the annual American Embassy living compound Flea Market is today (2006 May 20). They got lucky with the weather! There's usually also a bake sale, American BBQ and Filipino food.
Saturday, usually runs 9:00am-2:00pm (Rain or Shine).
Place: American Embassy Compound; 2-1-1 Roppongi, Minato-Ku. (10 minute walk from Roppongi and Akasaka stations).

By Bethan Hutton on Monday, May 8, 2006 - 10:20 pm:

Bunkyo Blue Sky Garage Sale - Sunday May 14th, 8am to 3pm (if it rains that day, it will be postponed to Sunday May 21st).

This is a big local fleamarket, plus children's activities and food stalls. There are always loads of families selling off children's clothes, toys and so on very cheaply. The school yard of Yanagicho Elementary school is opened up for the event with various games and activities.

Held in Koishikawa 1-chome, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, on the back streets around Yanagicho Kindergarten and Elementary school. This is just off Hakusan Dori behind Queens Isetan supermarket, or off Senkawa Dori near Seifu supermarket.

Closest subway stations Kasuga on the Mita and Oedo lines, or Korakuen on the Marunouchi or Namboku lines, or bus route 60 (Ikebukuro to Ueno).

By Bethan Hutton on Saturday, May 6, 2006 - 12:12 pm:

Tokyo American Club is holding a "nearly new sale" on Tuesday May 9th, 9am to 2.30pm, on the 4th floor of the club.

Non-members are allowed, but no children under 12 are allowed in, except very small babies being carried at all times.

This sale usually has loads of children's clothes, toys, books and so on, as well as some adult and household items.

A map of the club's location can be found here:
http://www.tokyoamericanclub.org/informationNews/directions/index.cfm

Closest station Kamiyacho on the Hibiya line; no parking for non-members.

By Jellund on Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 1:59 pm:

Swap Meeting!
Please bring your unwanted children's items and take home any treasures you may find for free! Or just come along to meet some new friends and let your kids play.

Anything is fine, e.g. children's clothes, toys, books, cds, dvds, etc If you have large items please bring a photo or description.
Let's recycle!!!

Admission: 300yen (including 1 free drink)
Date: 2/25(Sat) 2-4pm
Place: Luna Luna, Sangubashi station/Odakyu line (or longer walk from Oedo line Yoyogi station?)

You can post donations to Luna Luna in advance if you like. Here is our address.
2F 5-53-9 Yoyogi, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-0053
http://www.lunaluna.jp/english/e_event/e_Bazaar/e_Bazaar.html

It is a different place from the one last year but still walkable from Yoyogi station. If you come out of Yoyogi station on the main corner entrance/exit, there is a koban on the left and you want to keep it on the left and cross the street towards Yoyogi seminar building. With the yoyogi seminar building on your left go straight and just keep going straight, for about 9-10 minutes, you will go under a train bridge and
eventually come to another koban on your right and a small restaurant on your left at the end of the road, turn left and go straight, you will pass a recycle shop and go until you come to the crossing where you cross the road and go down the hill, you will see sangubashi station on your left and follow previous directions from there :) The walk from yoyogi to sangubashi takes about 15 minutes

By Sascha Hewitt on Friday, February 3, 2006 - 4:45 pm:

Travel Baby Cot & baby monitor ASAP
I need a western safety standard baby cot and a baby monitor ASAP. In near new condition. I am in Meguro, Tokyo. Ph: 03-3710-3746
bookings@phuketvacationapartments.com
http://phuketvacationapartments.com

By Tracy Okuma on Saturday, October 15, 2005 - 12:01 pm:

We are getting rid of our daughter's bunk bed.Bought 3 years ago for
40,000yen from a catalogue, cream metal in colour and lower bed can
be a sofa with adjustable reclinging seats on both sides)
This is a useful bed as I used it when we were moving her into her
own room after sleeping with us, she slept up the top and I slept
down
below until she went off to sleep. Also she had hours of fun sitting
on the sofa with friends and dolls, sleepovers too!
My daughter has used it and I have cleaned it thoroughly but it does
have one stain on the seat(which you need to throw a cover over when
using anyway), one bar at the top (not connected to the safety or
construction went missing in our last move, it is at the top of the
stairs and will not affect the bed as it will e by the wall)
An adult can easily sleep on it (huby is 6ft5cm) so a bigger child
can use it too.
The bed is self assembly,(Japanese but we can translate to English
if needed)
Pick up is from my home in Mitaka, West Tokyo.
I have no idea what to ask so the best offer will take it!
Contact me on
tracy_mij@yahoo.co.jp
Pictures at
http://photobucket.com/albums/v204/riverstream/
password is amiechan and look in the bed folder.

By Bethan Hutton on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 8:58 am:

Recycle shop Tenpos

I stumbled across a strange and interesting second-hand shop yesterday, on Meiji-dori near Shin Okubo and Takadanobaba stations.

If you have ever wondered where all the stuff goes when a restaurant closes down or is refitted, well, this seems to be it. It is a vast warehouse (under a multi-storey carpark) full of used furniture, kitchen equipment, office equipment etc. What they have most of, for obvious reasons, is tables and chairs, but there's also a huge miscellany of other stuff, from sofas, bookcases and dressers to photocopiers and south-east Asian furniture and decorative bits and pieces. If you have been wondering where to find a dozen Native American figurines, or a half-lifesize carved wooden water buffalo, look no further. There's also loads of crockery.

The address is: Shinjuku-ku, Toyama 3-15-1. It's behind an Eneos gas station - you go down the side road between Eneos and Macdonalds, and the entrance is on your right. To get to the "recycle" section you go through the front shop which is full of new catering equipment, and go through a door on the right at the back, which looks like it goes into the back office but actually you go round a corner and it opens out into the warehouse space.

There are branches around the country, but this is the only central Tokyo one.

By Cornelia on Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 2:47 pm:

Coolum Recycle Boutique
A short walk from Hakusan station on the Mita line down Hakusan dori towards Tokyo Dome.
2-29-6-102 Hakusan, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-0001
tel/fax: 03-3813-7470
hours: 11:00 - 19:30
clothing, women and chilren, bags, jewelry, make-up, etc.
To sell items you can do a straight sale (bring ID card and inkan though maybe signaure is OK for foreigners) or leave items there on a consignment basis. Under the consignment contract you receive 50% of the sale price when the item is sold. There is no fee for leaving items on consignment, and items are accepted only between 11:30 and 17:30. The shop can refuse any item.
The shop looks small from the outside but goes in a bit deeper one expects. It is neat, clean, smokeless and uncluttered. I did not have time to look at prices.

By Cornelia on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 2:46 pm:

Chiyoda Line Nezu station: 50 venders on Saturday and a different 50 venders on Sunday will be in a flea market held in Nezu on 23 and 24 October, at the Nezu Shrine grounds. 10:00 - 15:00 No rain date. If it rains it will simply be cancelled. Y1000 venders fee. Same return postcard lottery system. Vender must be a resident or working or going to school in Bunkyo-ku (this one is open to more people than the Recycle Fair). It is not specifically stated that food can not be sold. The space is also about 2 tatami mats in size.

Mail the oufuku hagaki by 30 September to: (with your address, name, telephone number and which day you choose: Saturday or Sunday)
Kato Eiji - sama
2-48-11 Sendagi, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0022
tel: (Kato-san's) 03-3821-0420
or to:
Keizaika Kanko Tanto 03-5803-1174 (I think that the people living in that neighborhood will probably be dropping off their postcards in person or something).

By Cornelia on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 2:34 pm:

The Bunkyo-ku Recycle Fair is scheduled 30 October this year (2004).

The flea market has space for 200 venders and the spots will be awarded by postcard lottery. The fee is Y1000 per seller. The deadline for the postcard entry is 1 October and the return address must be in Bunkyo-ku. If your postcard is drawn then you will receive the return postcard. The fee is paid on the day of the fair. The fair is from 10:00 - 15:00. If it rains the rain date is 3 November. Venders probably need to be there a bit earlier, but when it is not clear from the announcement in the paper. Food nor new goods sold at a profit are not allowed (since the purpose is "recycling". And the space 3.6 meters squared (about 2 tatami).

All are invited to come to the fair regardless of place of work or residence.
Phone number at ward office: 03-5803-1181
Mail round trip post card (oufuku hagaki) to:
Bunkyo-ku Recycle Seisoka 112-8555 (yes, this is the complete address).

Location: as usual in front of the Bunkyo-ku Sports Center near Myogadani station on the Marunouchi line.

By Karen on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 1:19 pm:

Hi Sandy,

Antique hunting! A subject close to my heart...

Your best bets are probably the Togo Shrine market and Heiwajima.

The Togo Shrine market is popular. Dealers are used to foreigners too. You won't find crazy bargains, but if you haggle a little, then you can get very reasonable prices. As at all of these fairs, the dealers all know their stuff. The Togo market is an especially great place to pick up old kimono. At the far end there is a couple that arrives most weekends with a cargo van FULL of kimono. They spread them out over huge vinyl sheets and you just rummage through the piles. You can haggle just a bit as they are usually well priced anyway. You will see lots of fabric hunters going through the piles.

Heiwajima is probably the largest antique fair, there are hundreds and hundreds of dealers and it's an indoor affair. Leave an entire day to walk through it. It's so big that lots of signs advertise it as Heiwajima Matsuri! You'll find some high-end dealers here selling tansu and top-end antique art. You can also find funkily remade kimono clothes and little old ladies selling kimono scraps. Again, the dealers know their stuff. If you go on the last day in the afternoon they might be a bit more keen to get rid of things so it's a good time to haggle. There are even a few foreign dealers that sell regularly there. It's a great place market though, one of the best and you will always take home a treasure (or ten).

Have fun!

By Sandy Cox on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 11:17 pm:

I copied this list off a plastic bag that I got when I bought something, and I was wondering if anyone has been to any of these markets and can say if they are good ones or not?

Nogi Antique Market
2nd Sunday in Nogizaka, Nogizaka station (Chiyoda line)

Togo Antique Market
1st and 4th Sunday in Togo, JR Harajuku station (Yamanote line)

Urawa Antique Market
4th Saturday in Urawa, JR Urawa station (Keihintohoku line)

Kawagoe Antique Market
28th month in Kawagoe, Tobutojo line Kawagoe or Kawagoe City

Sendai Antique Market
4th Sunday in Sendai, Sendai-Toshogu Keidai Sangakuin Monzen

All Japan Folk Craft and Antique Fair in Heiwajima
Kottoichi Co. Ltd. 03-3980-8228

By Natasha on Wednesday, February 11, 2004 - 9:32 am:

Kameido Station, Koto-ku
Two recycle shops almost next to each other. Go out the north exit past the bus terminals down Meiji dori on the right side. Pass a 100yen shop. About 7 minutes.

Monte Rosa: clothing, including kids, well organized and neat, a bit pricey maybe.
4-22-2 Kameido, Koto-ku, Tokyo
tel: 03-5609-5255, hours 11:00-19:00

Sun Field: a bit further, furniture and appliances, also well organized and neat. Normal prices.
4-23-1 Kameido, Koto-ku, Tokyo
tel: 0120-86-3682, hours 10:00-20:00

All the recycle shops accept clothing on consignment (in season) if you need to get rid of things! Furniture items, you are better off trying to sell yourself through the English classifieds like this web site.

By Cornelia on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 8:14 am:

Oji station: Recycle Shop Shinwa
hours: 10:00- 20:00
tel/fax: 03-3913-1858
furniture, appliances, some curios and ceramics/porcelains
Address: Tokyo, Kita-ku, Oji 3-22-4-1F
Good selection. Exit Oji JR station "kitaguchi". Walk up Kitahon dori (to the left and then straight). Go through one light. It's on the right side across the street from a tire shop. IF you pass a rental video shop you've gone too far, but it's quite obvious. I bought several large round platters there. The Toden Arakawa streetcar line also stops in Oji, then walk around to the JR station side of the stream flowing through.

P.S. I found this store in Oji while riding my bike back home from where I had retrieved it at Kita-ku police station. I had reported it stolen back in spring. Oji is where Asukayama park is which I've written about at tokyowithkids.com/entertainment/municipalparks/asukayamapark.html
so if you make a day of it, you can visit the park, make washi postcards at the paper museum and visit a recycle shop...

By Cornelia on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 11:20 am:

25 October 2003 Eco Recycle Fair / Flea Market -- TOMORROW
Bunkyo Ku newsletter September 10 -- page 3
100 spaces, application is done by mail using "Ofuko Hagaki" (so all spots are full because many postcards are returned after the "lottery")
hours 10:00- 15:00
Rain date is scheduled for 3 November. Location is at the park in front of the Sports Center a few blocks from Myogadani Station on the Marunouchi line. Look below for last year or the year before for more detail.

By Irena Shie on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 11:25 am:

Adding to cheap children clothes shop, Lemon has cheap clothes for baby and children up to 150 or 160 cm. They have 3 stores, Nippori (JR and Keisei Line), Minowa ( Hibiya subway line) and one in Saitama.Here is the URL http://www.heiwa-do.net/lemonlist.htm (in Japanese).
Close to Lemon, usually there are a shop selling teenagers clothes, Pop Girl; and a shop selling adult clothes Heiwa-do.
All are very cheap. Sometimes unbelievable. You can get a jeans for 400 yen, for example.They have wide range of quality, but most of them are in good quality and model despite the cheap price. For children clothes, we can get new T-shirt for 300 or 400 yen.Which might be about the same with the used ones at B-kids. They change their merchandise from time to time, so we can get various things. I have been to the ones in Nippori and Minowa. I can explain the direction in details for those who are interested.

By Bethan Hutton on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 9:52 am:

For second hand children's clothes - both the Tokyo American Club and Tokyo Union Church have kind of flea markets a few times a year and there are usually loads of stalls with kids' clothes, toys etc. I've found some good stuff the times I've been, but I'm not a member of either, so I don't know when the next sales are - anyone know? You could try calling to ask. Also, it's worth asking your ward office about local flea markets or "recycle fairs". And this time of year a lot of kindergartens are having bazaars at which they often sell second-hand stuff as well as handicrafts, baked goods - watch out for posters outside any kindergartens in your area.

There are also "recycle shops" all over Tokyo; some specialise in designer stuff, but others have more down-to-earth items. I just found a good one (just children's stuff) right by the Waseda end station of the Arakawa tram line. (M Kids, Shinjuku-ku, Nishi Waseda 1-23-11, Tel 03-3205 0717).

For cheap (not second-hand) children's clothes for sizes up to about 130cm (and everything else for babies and small children) have you tried Akachan Honpo? There are several branches around Tokyo, the biggest ones I know are at Kinshicho (5th floor of the building on the left as you come out of the north exit of Kinshicho JR station), and Gotanda (5th floor of the TOC building which has Office Depot, Uniqlo etc on the ground floor - about 10 minutes walk from Gotanda JR, or there's a free Tokyu shuttle bus from outside Gotanda JR station (opposite the western exit); the TOC building is the last and often only stop, it takes about 5 minutes).

By Cathy Edwards on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 8:12 am:

Ruth
There is a large B Kids on the 3rd floor of the Hankyu Daily Shoppers building in Oimachi, one stop from Shinagawa on the Keihin Tohoku line.
As well as lots of kids clothes they also sell womens clothes, toys, baby equipment plus loads of other bits and pieces.

By Cindy on Friday, May 30, 2003 - 10:06 pm:

Please come to the Flea Market this coming Saturday!!

U.S. Embassy Compound: HUGE Community Flea Market; Open to the Public; Saturday, May 31 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (RAIN OR SHINE - all inside)

2-1-1 Roppongi, Minato-ku (5 minute walk from Roppongi, Roppongi 1-chome, Akasaka or Tameike-Sanno subway stations)

New and nearly new brand-name and designer clothes, from infant to adult; baby equipment; books; music; toys; small appliances; household gadgets; knick knacks; dishes; linens; books, music and much more!

Coffee, Juice, Donuts, Baked Goods; American and Filipino BBQ; Something for everyone! Come one, come all!

By Kimberley Dries on Monday, April 14, 2003 - 3:43 pm:

COMMUNITY FLEA MARKET

The American Community is holding a HUGH Flea Market with many families participating. There will be many different items for sale. There will also be a bake sale, American BBQ and Filipino food.

Date and Time: Saturday, May 31, 2003; 9:00am-2:00pm (Rain or Shine).
Place: American Embassy Compound; 2-1-1 Roppongi, Minato-Ku. (10minute walk from Roppongi and Akasaka stations).

By Pato on Monday, March 3, 2003 - 12:43 pm:

132-0013 Tokyo, Edogawa-ku
Recycle "Wonderful"
1-1 Edogawa, tel: 03-3676-0815, 070-6662-6152
on Shinozaki Kaido across from a Saizeriya restaurant
Closed on Sundays
Lots of stuff for babies and toddlers (but not clothing). I saw car seats, moses baskets, high chair, pon-pon car, crib, etc. as well as washing machines, furniture, appliances and the usual "omoshiroimono" (knicknacks).

By Katrina Bartolata on Monday, February 24, 2003 - 10:31 pm:

Must sell:

LG 4.5K Automatic Washing Machine: Y12,000 or best price
(one year old only)

If interested, please contact me through email: kbartolata@yahoo.com

By Karen on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 10:53 am:

Kita-Senju Station on the Hibiya and Chiyoda subway lines and the JR Joban line has a well-stocked children's clothing recycle shop. They have some toys and baby furnishings as well. All basic stuff (you won't find any Baby Gap here!), but everything is clean and the store is well-organized. Most of the clothes are for babies/toddlers, but there are a few larger sizes as well. Shopkeepers know their stock well and are very helpful.

From the main exit (towards McDonalds), walk up the main drag which extends from the rotary in front of the station. Take your second right and the store is a one minute walk up on your left-hand side. The store is easy to spot but it has a sign in hiragana posted above the entrance reading "Kodomo recycle". There is another children's clothing store (with new clothes) just before this
one on the same side of the street. Don't get the two confused.

Happy shopping!

Karen

By Admin on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 9:36 am:

10 November 2002 (Sun) at Bunkyo-ku Sports Center and adjacent park (Kyoiku no mori Koen):
10:00 - 15:00
Tel: 03-5803-1186
* Kyoiku no mori Koen = (A)
Sports center = (B)

1. Flea market - All day at (A)
2. Target bird golf ( ??? ) - 13:00 to 15:00 at (A)
Not sure what it is like... hitting a badminton's shuttlecock by a golf club to get a goal?
3. Pencil balloon - all day at (B)
Making many kinds of things using balloon & a clown there!
4. Time capsule -12:30 to 13:00 at (B)
Write a letter to you or your family living in the future, open it 10 years later.
5. Edo daikagura - 12:00 to 12:30 at (A)
Traditional performance, like you're back to Edo period.
6. fuwa fuwa trampoline - all day at (A) and so on !!

Some of the events outside will be cancelled if it rains.

Yakko

By Cornelia on Wednesday, October 16, 2002 - 10:19 am:

STORE HOUSE
Big Recycle shop on Yamate-dori west of Ikebukuro
Hours: 10:30 - 20:00
Tel: 03-3973-6533 (also 03-3973-1500?), fax: 03-3973-6903, toll-free: 0120-63-6533
http://www.store-house.co.jp (Japanese only)
Closest train station: Exit 3 from Kanamecho on the Yurakucho line (6 minutes)
Washing machines, dining tables, clothes, shoes, handbags, knicknacks, chairs and more.

I haven't been there. This is from a flyer that came in my mailbox (to alleviate me of some of my finer junk).
Address: 14-1 Minamicho, Iitabashi-ku, Tokyo

By Sandy Cox on Thursday, October 3, 2002 - 1:21 pm:

Itabashi Citizen's Festival
International Exchange Corner

19 Oct 2002 (Saturday) 13:30- 18:00
20 Oct 2002 (Sunday) 10:00-16:30
Itabashi Daiichi Junior High School (at the shopping and exchange area)
50-1 Oyama Higashi-cho, Itabashi-ku
A five minute walk from Itabashikuyakushomae Station on the Mita line (3 stops north-west of Sugamo)

This year the Itabashi Citizen's Festival will feature food, souvenirs and introductions from Itabashi's friendship cities around the world (China, Canada, Mongolia and Italy). Some items from each of those countries will be on sale.

A fundraiser flea market is part of the Festival to benefit the Mongolian Exchange Fund. (You can see various details on Iitabashi's ongoing participation in Mongolia at http://www.city.itabashi.tokyo.jp/aitic/indexe.html)

Donations will be excepted before the start between 10:00 and 12:00 on 19 Oct (Saturday) at the International Exchange booth. Most things will be accepted but no food items. We are also looking for 5-6 volunteers to help with the selling. Please contact Ms. Arima for more details at the Itabashi Culture and International Exchange Foundation (tel, fax or email OK) if you plan to donate items or wish to volunteer time.

tel: 03-3579-2015 fax: 03-3579-4211
kkouryu@city.itabashi.tokyo.jp

By Natasha on Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 2:01 am:

Bee-collect Recycle has three shops. The one pictured below is the one close to Yoga station and had a selection of children's as well as adult clothing. Also shoes, a lot of knicknacks and some furniture and small electronics. I haven't seen the other branches.

3-18-8-1F Yoga
Setagaya-ku, Tokyo
03-3708-2688
11:00 - 19:00

1-18-21-1F Kaminoge
Setagaya-ku, Tokyo
03-3701-1138
10:30-20:00

1-7-14-1F Futago
Takatsuku, Kawasaki City
044-814-4688
11:00 - 19:00
picture of the Yoga branch of Bee-collect

By Karen on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 5:36 pm:

For anyone looking for places that are willing to accept donations of used clothing and small household items, the following places are worth a try:

- Asakusa Catholic Church 3851-4009
- Emmaus 3920-9118
- Fransiscan Chapel center 3401-2141
- Salvation Army (already posted) 3384-3769
- The TELL calendar recommends calling other churches as they sometimes accept used goods donations.
- The South African Embassy may accept clothing donations.
- There's the "Free" column in Tokyo Classifieds (now Metropolis) that accepts listings (www.metropolis.co.jp) though your phone tends to ring off the hook if you place a "free" ad... (not to dissuade anyone!)
- The Tokyo Homeless Project http://familysupplyline.com/ (email:
kovach7@guitar.ocn.ne.jp ). They will do their best to come to your place and pick up your items! Extremely friendly folks.
- The Recycle Shop Wave advertises the following in the Tokyo Notice Board: "Recycling from daily products to clothes & bags. We buy anything we
can (Estimate free!)..We'll come over and collect whatever you want to sell". Note that they tend to sell upscale stuff only.
Phone: 3-3353-3313
3-9-1 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo

Good luck and keep on recycling!!

Karen

By Cornelia on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 9:12 pm:

Asuka Recycle Shop (close to Oji station by Asukayama park)
1-60-6-101 Takinogawa (facing Meiji-dori)
Kita-ku
No phone number at that location.
Apparently a phone at their main location [4-3-18 Nishigahara, Kita-ku] might be able to answer questions: 03-3915-8793 (in Japanese) and there is also a mobile phone on the flyer 090-1618-1796.
Closest to the Arakawa Streetcar line's Asukayama station (right by Asukayama Park and the Paper Museum) Easy walk from Oji station. (It was open on Sunday 5 May, but not sure if it is always open on Sundays.)
photo of front of shop

More on Asukayama Park can be seen at:
http://www.tokyowithkids.com/entertainment/municipalparks/asukayamapark.html

By Natasha on Thursday, May 2, 2002 - 4:03 pm:

Happy Recycle shop
Open EVERY day 11:00 - 19:00
tel: 03-5378-8388
4-34-11 Narita Higashi
Suginami-ku, Tokyo, 167-0034

Also will take your stuff, free pick up, might pay something for some items.

Minami Asagaya station on the Marunouchi subway line one stop from Ogikubo.
Across the street from the Suginami ward office after the post office but before the koban.
picture of front of shop

By Joellyn on Sunday, April 7, 2002 - 10:23 pm:

Please come to the Flea Market this coming Saturday!!

U.S. Embassy Compound: HUGE Community Flea Market; Open to the Public; Saturday, April 13th 8:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (RAIN OR SHINE)

40+ Families Participating; 2-1-1 Roppongi, Minato-ku (5 minute walk from Roppongi, Roppongi 1-chome, Akasaka or Tameike-Sanno subway stations)

New and nearly new brand-name and designer clothes, from infant to adult; baby equipment; books; music; toys; small appliances; household gadgets; knick knacks; dishes; linens; books, music and much more!

Coffee, Juice, Donuts, Baked Goods; American and Filipino BBQ; Something for everyone! Come one, come all!

Email SpringSale2002@yahoo.com with questions.

By Cornelia on Tuesday, March 5, 2002 - 2:38 pm:

Salon de Rose
1-1-5 Otsuka, Bunkyo-ku
tel: 03-3947-2244
A 3 minute walk from Myogadani station on the Marunouchi line right in front of Takushoku University.
Has clothing, accessories and knick knacks (no electrical goods or furnishings). Well organized and maybe a third of the stock is for children.
picture front of shop "Salon de Rose"
They also take clothing in season on consignment.

By sherry ha on Friday, December 7, 2001 - 9:50 pm:

There will be flee markets on 12/9, 12/16, 12/23 at the Shinagawa City Interchange, http://www.sicity.co.jp, located at east exit of the JR Shinagawa station. They offer 2-hour free parking on the weekends.

Flea market there is also scheduled on Jan 13, 27 and Feb 10, 24 (2002). There is something also written in Japanese and I figured it says flea market is on every second and last Sunday of the month for Winter. There also listed a contact number 03(3226)6800 (hr 10:00 - 16:00) for the recycling association and a web link www.recycler.org . The location is on B1 near McDonald, the outdoor area facing the glass.

By A.K. on Tuesday, July 17, 2001 - 1:48 pm:

TOKYO near SENGOKU or SUGAMO stations: Recycle Shop Sugamo "Hans" (yes, as in Hansel and Gretel)

A real mishmash of clothing, shoes, belts, purses, wallets and accessories including items for children crowded into a very small space. But if it is on your way anyway... there are some good finds.
4-33-12 Sengoku
Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo
tel: 03-3944-0641
10:00 - 18:00 *closed Sundays and National Holidays

By Takatsuka Diana on Sunday, July 15, 2001 - 12:12 am:

There's a big Eco.recycle factory that buys and sells 2nd hand goods ranging from electronics (PC, music instruments, visual, audio, games, cameras) clothes, handbags, furnitures, sports stuff, outdoor, hobby goods, gifts ware, watches, baby items, fridge etc. They accept US dollars, cash and credit cards and do deliveries. If you want to sell some stuff you have to make a call first before sending it over. They also do exchange system,trade in.
Situated at Nerima-ku Oizumimachi 6-2-5 (opposite Toyota)
Tel: 03-5933-3351
http://www.hardoff.co.jp

By Carol on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - 4:20 pm:

Happy House
1-33-21-1F Kita-Otsuka
Toshima-ku Tokyo 170-0004
tel: 03-3940-1311
closest train station: Otsuka on the JR Yamanote line (go out the north exit)
Specializes in clothing/shoes/handbags/knicknacks
Open Monday through Saturday from 10:00 - 19:00
This shop has a little sewing corner in the back and you can get things hemmed for 500 yen. Slippery materials that require finer thread cost 800 yen. She also has a surger so she can do that type of hemming also (Navy, white, black and brown).

picture of Happy House Recycle shop store front

Just around the corner almost next to Cozy Corner Patisserie and Cafe is a recycle shop that specializes in furniture/microwaves/small fridges
1-14-7-1F Sugamo (or also Kita Otsuka?)
"Kawai Biru (= Building)"
03-3915-5557

By august on Saturday, July 7, 2001 - 3:44 am:

i am looking for a special item is made in japan can you help me

mr mayer semperfimayer@hotmail.com

By Lea Watson on Friday, July 6, 2001 - 4:33 am:

To: Patricia Elleven

There's a great shop in Kichijoji called "The Grab Bag". They do both recycle as well as new items.
Here's their URL
[THE WEB SITE IS CLOSED]
The site contains all addresses and phone numbers etc

7 May 2002 -- Admin
The theme in this shop has switched over from recycled goods to educational toys and materials I think. Be sure to check the web site first. It is owned by Ellen Motohashi who has just opened an international school today, in fact. The school is listed on the International Schools list at:
http://www.tokyowithkids.com/fyi/international_schools.html and is called: Children's Garden

Note from Admin: 21 June 2003 -- Ellen Motohashi who operated the shop is moving back to the USA next month.

By Patricia Elleven on Friday, July 6, 2001 - 2:27 am:

I've heard a rumor of a great kid's clothing recycle or consignment shop in Kichijoji... Anyone know about it?
Thanks!

By Cornelia on Sunday, July 1, 2001 - 2:32 pm:

Another flea market organizer is:
http://www3.justnet.ne.jp/~fffeee/index.htm (Japanese only)
and they also have a site for docomo i-mode (mobile phones):
http://www3.justnet.ne.jp/~fffeee/keitai.htm (Japanese only)

Among others they do a pretty good sized flea market (700 spaces) in the parking lot of Meiji Park close to Sendagaya station (actually a 10 minute walk). Upcoming dates are:
21 and 22 July
18 and 19 August
For info. call:
03-5610-4305 spaces cost 2000 or 3000 yen with a car.
They also have a market at Kinshicho station:
Kinshicho Events Square (Hiroba) with 250 spaces (no cars). Upcoming dates are:
8 July and 12 August

http://www.anr.jp (Japanese only) does flea markets in the same Meiji Park parking lot as well as Higashi Koenji station parking lot (Marunouchi subway line). Upcoming dates:
Meiji Park:
28 and 29 July
25 and 26 August
23 September
Higashi Koenji:
1 and 7 July
4 August
2 September
Their office number is 03-3370-9821 and their space reservations office is 3370-9824

By Misawa on Friday, June 15, 2001 - 8:18 am:

Toshima-ku Flea Market (Ikebukuro)

1 July (Sunday)11:00 - 14:00
Toshima Kumin-Center (next to Toshima-ward office)
Bring your own shopping bags!
No parking available.
tel: 03-3981-1602

By Cornelia on Friday, June 1, 2001 - 10:06 pm:

www.recycler.org
Information: 03-3226-6800
Generally from 10:00 - 16:00. Cancelled if raining.
space rental is usually about:
2700 yen for 3x2 meter space
4200 yen for 6x3 meter space

6/2 Setagaya Koen SATA
6/2 Shinjuku Chuokoen

6/3 Toda Boat, Chushajo Parking lot, JR Saikyo line, Saitama Prefecture
6/3 Kabukicho Shinjuku, ART Building
6/3 Shinagawa Intercity
6/3 Tennotsu Isle, Shinagawa
6/3 Minato Mirai 21, Yokohama
6/3 Kawasaki Kyujo (Baseball Stadium) - 300 yen admission
6/3 Makuhari Kenminn no hi Jumbo - 300 yen admission

6/8 Kawagoe Temple
6/9 Hiratsuka, Kanagawa
6/9-10 Yoyogi Koen, Harajuku
6/9-10 Ariake Jumbo

May:
19 & 20 Ariake
20 Chofu Tokyo Stadium
20 Keio Hachioji
20 Asakusa Sumidakoen
20 Kinchicho Kinshi Koen
20 Shonen Enoshima Beach
20 Makuhari Jumbo, Chiba
26 Funaboriekemai, TOKI building
26 & 27 "Shin Yokohama BIG" Yokohama Kokusai Sogo Kyogijo (Athletic grounds)
27 Shinogawa Intercity
27 Shinjuku Nomura Building
27 Nakano Sakaue Pao Hiroba

By Carol on Wednesday, April 11, 2001 - 11:30 pm:

Re Space, Iitabashi-ku, Tokyo
3-11-1 Iitabashi, ground floor
tel: 03-3964-9551
noon - 19:00, mostly clothing including a medium sized selection of children's clothing. Bargain bins out front had some nice stuff, unfortunately not in the size I was looking for. I did buy a sweatshirt, a summer shirt with collar, both for a boy, and a small change purse all for 450 yen. They have some of the cheapest prices I've seen. Some little toddler trikes, and some toys.
You can put stuff there on consignment.

Their system (aside from the usual, clean, no holes or spots, etc) is you pay 5% of your asking price to them up front, and when it is sold they get an additional 30% commission. If it doesn't sell you lose the 5% placement fee. Sometimes they will pay outright for your stuff (but this would be at a very low price, to minimize risk if it doesn't sell of course).

picture of front of "Re-space" shop

By Betty on Wednesday, April 11, 2001 - 11:15 pm:

Recycle Station, Takadanobaba, Tokyo
2-13-7 Takadanobaba, Shinjuku-ku
tel: 03-3205-0095 and 0120-145679 toll free
buy/sell/consignment/pick-up possible
Web site:
http://www.chuuko.net/hure-mu.html
Email: ask@chuuko.net
Maybe they also do some repairs. They have a work space in one corner of the shop. Mostly electronics, furniture and curios. No clothing nor toys for kids on the day I was there.

By Anna on Tuesday, December 19, 2000 - 10:53 am:

Recycle Shop Fujicho
5-4-7 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku
10:00 - 20:00, closed Sundays
tel: (03) 3815-1451, fax: (03) 3815-1452
Found this shop on the street that runs diagonally from Kototoi-dori up the hill towards Hongo crossing and Hongo dori. (Comes out on Hongo dori right by a McDonalds, across the street from a Starbucks).

They have electronics and durable goods such as furniture (no clothing).
picture of the front of Recycle Shop Fujicho

By Betty on Tuesday, December 12, 2000 - 10:11 am:

Here are three recycle shops betweeen Shinjuku and Waseda dori all along Meiji dori (Tokyo), and within bicycling distance of each other.

("1" on map)
Ogotoya Recycle Shop
2-21-4 Nishi-Waseda, ground floor
tel: 03-3200-3337
Buy and sell. No clothing, but plenty of furniture and electrical goods.
Closed first and third Wednesdays of each month.

Ogotoya Recycle Shop- Location 2
3-30-22-101 Nishiwaseda
tel: 03-3200-9099
Ground floor at intersection of Meiji and Shin-Meijiro doris. No clothing, mostly furniture, electric goods and some knick knacks.

("2" on map)
Kometa Recycle Shop
Shinjuku-sanei Building ground floor, 1-2-17 Okubo, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
tel: 03-5292-6006
Hours: 9:00 to 21:00
Delivery available for 1000 yen, buying also, please call for free estimate (Japanese).
Furniture, electric appliances, used and new second-hand items, some clothing, curios, etc.

("A" on map)
Aoki clothing store
("B" on map)
Matsuda (Mazda) Car Dealership
("C" on map)
a very good 100 yen shop
("D" on map)
Olympic general store, 03-3204-6791 Hours: 10:00-21:00

(not on map)
Wave Recycle Spot
3-9-1 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku
tel: 3353-3313
Hours: 11:00 - 19:00
Have been advertising 5 floors of goods in the Tokyo Notice Board. Very little for children. But a lot of very expensive designer goods. Example: Prada bags which cost about half a million yen new are priced around 100,000 yen, furs, etc. Also electrical goods and curios but a bit expensive. Washing machines and dryers in the basement. Closest station is Shinjuku san-chome on the Marunouchi line but walkable from Shinjuku.

map along Meiji dori between Shokuan and Waseda doris

By Anna on Tuesday, December 5, 2000 - 4:19 pm:

"after you" recycle space open MONDAYS only from 11:00 -17:00

Tokyo, Bunkyo-ku, Hakusan 1-31-7, ground floor, no telephone, right across the side street from a police box
closed for the holidays, next opening date is 15 January 2001

The closest subway station is Hakusan station on the Mita line. It can also be reached from Korakuen station on the Marunouchi/Namboku lines, but that would be a solid 15-20 minutes walking. If you live in the area and have a bicycle, then this shop might make a nice stop. Not worth travelling from far away for. Mostly clothing but not much for children. Still, I found a very nice fleece pullover with hood from "Jolly Kidz!" (made in USA) for 500 yen in good condition. (I always find a way to spend money when I'm not seriously looking!)

By A.K. on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 3:44 pm:

TOKYO near SHIN OTSUKA or OTSUKA stations: Recycle shop - Knick Knack
2-4-10 Minami Otsuka, Toshima-ku, Tokyo 170-0005
(Yamanote line - Otsuka station)
Tea served at two little tables outside in good weather.
tel: 03-3946-0765
Hours: 11:00 - 20:00
Consignments accepted: Clothing items not older then 3 years, very clean and in season. Bags, shoes, accessories, kitchen and tableware, etc. Some items will be refused. (No appliances or furniture.)
* no charge for consigning, but store gets 40% of selling price
* items will not be kept longer than one month at your first price
* pricing depends on merchandise, new/unused items might bring about a third to half of the retail price. Used might bring about a fifth of the retail price.
* payment is made no earlier than the 10th of the following month

Remark: I got a brand new Miffy rabbit back-pack for my daughter (maybe 10,000 yen or higher in a department store) for 1200 yen. The shop is well organized and next to a "Life" supermarket, so it appears that it would get plenty of traffic (meaning a good turnover of merchandise). There were a number of child's clothing items that caught my eye, but I've got plenty as it is, so I contained myself. I thought the prices were very reasonable (not hard to do after spending a few minutes at Tobu, Seibu or Mitsukoshi)!

5/12/2002 -- They changed their sign out front, smaller, but still same name.

By jparry on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 11:05 am:

Please come to the U.S. Embassy Compound Sale this weekend!!

The Community flea market will be this Saturday, September 30th from 9:00-2:00 and will be held RAIN OR SHINE! The exact address is 2-1-1 Roppongi, Minato-ku. We have over 40 families signed up to sell their wares! Items will include (but not be limited to): new and nearly new (used) brand-name and designer clothes, sizes infant to adult; baby equipment (swings, play pens, high chairs, carriers, backpacks, etc.); toys; bikes; small appliances; household gadgets; knick knacks; dishes; linens; music and books. Something for everyone!! We will also be having bake sales and American and Filipino BBQs!

If you'd like me to e-mail you a map from Roppongi Crossing, please e-mail Joellyn at littlepigs99@yahoo.com. Thank you!

By Anna on Thursday, July 20, 2000 - 2:03 am:

Nezu station, Chiyoda Subway line -
Hotaru (Firefly) Recycle Shop
2-26-11 Nezu, Bunkyo-ku
Fujii-san
03-3827-6632 (Japanese only)

Prices seem very reasonable plus bin of marked down items outside yielded a brand new red bathing cap for a child for only 50 yen! Small shop but nicely organized.

By Liora on Sunday, July 9, 2000 - 10:06 pm:

Recycle Shop - Lollypop
5-9-7 Arai, Nakano-ku
(03) 3385-6659

Second-hand children's clothing consignment shop. (No commission taken on top (normally 10%), but reserves the right to lower your price after one month.)
Closest train stations: Seibu-Shinjuku line, Araiyakushimae station (2 minutes)
Chuo line, Nakano station (10 minutes)

This shop has been open for five years, and is owner operated.
Hours: Monday - Saturday 11:00 - 18:00
Sometimes open on Sunday - call and check!
Some stuff recently available includes strollers, Sega software, lots of toys and of course clothing.

lollipop.gif

By gerry on Friday, June 16, 2000 - 6:06 pm:

I recommend the Ariake jumbo flea market at ariake station almost every Saturday (and Sunday?). There are many stalls and lots of variety, although not much in terms of "traditional culture". there is a 300 yen admission. Children under 7th grade are free. Going by car maybe the Wangan Hwy name 13 Go Exit Ramp. From Tokyo Shuto Expressway Odaiba Exit ramp. Parking costs some fixed amount for the whole day, but I'm not sure what, maybe 500 yen? Phone number (in Japanese for info: 3355-6071)
I think the Makuhari Jumbo Flea Market has the same phone number for info.

Also if you can understand some japanese there is a flea market hotline 3226-6800. i also recommend the flea market in Kawagoe on the 28th of every month-lots of kimonos etc. and the one in Urawa at the last sunday of each month is also good.

By Cornelia on Wednesday, May 31, 2000 - 4:02 pm:

Bunkyo ward Recycle Plaza inside the Civic Center (and also at Hon-Komagome).
(The Civic Center just opened at the beginning of April when the building was finished. Address: 1-16-21 Kasuga, tel: 03-5803-1123.)

The Civic Center is actually part of the ward office building at Korakuen & Kasuga subway stations. The Recycle Center, on level B2, is open from 10:00- 17:00 (reception at the repair corner ends at 15:00). It is closed Mondays and National Holidays including from about 12/28 to 01/04 every year. Anyone can shop there, but only residents of or workers and students in Bunkyo-ku can sell there (and use the repair service?). It's very neat and spacious. On Wednesdays & Saturdays they have a knife sharpening service in the repair corner. Toys and cameras may be repaired on Sundays depending on the breakage.

To sell:
You must be 20 or older. Register by showing student card, work ID or foreign residency card. All prices must end in two zeros and no price may be higher than 10,000 yen or lower than 200 yen. It costs 100 yen per item to put it up for sale. If it isn't sold after 4 weeks you must pick it up or you can pay another 100 yen for another 4 weeks. If it is sold you get 80% of the price (20% goes as commission to the operation) to be paid at the end of 4 weeks from original registration of item. The maximum number of items is 20, with a maximum of 5 per type (i.e. 5 handbags, 5 clothing items, etc.). Especially for clothes, please take into consideration the season.

Here is the list of items not accepted:
items too large to deliver by hand or bicycle, swim suits, telephones, food, books, cosmetics, shampoo and rinse, toothpaste, perfume, eau de cologne, jigsaw puzzles, animals & plants, knives, records, CDs, cassettes, video tapes, gas appliances, cameras, assembly type of toys (such as LEGOs), toothbrushes, electric toothbrushes & razors, baby bottles, medicines.

For larger items such as light fixtures, ovens, gas stoves, TVs, etc., a bulletin board system for Bunkyo-ku residents, workers and students is in place. The bulletin can be posted for 3 months maximum. A bulletin can be posted by phone as well as in person. tel: 03-5803-1123 Some people may decide to include a photograph. Do not bother creating your own poster since an official form is used for these bulletins.

In addition, there is a large item giveaway recycle system for furniture, fridges, etc., that are still usable, BY PICK-UP ONLY. They want to see it before they agree to take it. You will not receive any money for the item. These items are then sold from a display room at the Hon-Komagome location. They are repaired and repainted as necessary and the selling price covers costs of pick-up and labor. If you have an item that you are getting rid of, you can call for a pick-up date (Japanese only). These large items are on display for sale at the Honkomagome location.

The Hon-Komagome location, tel: 03-3824-5821:
Hon-Komagome Chiiki Center Building 2nd floor
3-22-4 Hon-Komagome
Namboku subway: Honkomagome station, east side

Additional phone number if the two listed above are occupied or not answering: 03-5803-1182

Note: I went with two stainless steel knives for sharpening at 2:57 pm and with a charming smile managed to get them sharpened while I waited even though they had already started cleaning the grinding wheel. The cost was 100 yen per knife. I was not asked to show my I.D. but I did have to fill in my address (which had to be in Bunkyo-ku) on a form. I'll let you know if I cut my finger when I use them later tonight!
I used them and they were not as sharp as I had hoped (not as good as new). I think that it is difficult to sharpen stainless steel knives (which is what I have). If you have the old steel type which rusts if you leave it wet, then you might get a better result.

By Cornelia on Sunday, March 26, 2000 - 7:38 am:

A HUGE SUCCESS - The next one 21 April 2001, see details below, they have them about twice a year.

The food was great, the quantity, quality and prices of the merchandise was very broad, and the organization was superb. The selling was indoors, but since the weather turned out lovely, there was a lot of activity outside (children playing, food selling and eating, networking.) Only one thing differed from the info posted. Most of the vendors had packed up by about 3 pm though there was some activity until about 3:30.
Saturday, March 25th 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (RAIN OR SHINE): U.S. Embassy Compound: HUGE Community Yard Sale; 40+ Families; 2-1-1 Roppongi, Minato-ku (closet subways are Roppongi, Akasaka or Tameike-Sanno); new and nearly new brand-name and designer clothes, from infant to adult; baby equipment; toys; small appliances; household gadgets; knick knacks; dishes; linens; books & music. Something for everyone! Come one, come all! Homemade baked goods; Korean BBQ; American treasures galore! Come for breakfast, come for lunch!! Any questions, e-mail Joellyn at littlepigs99@yahoo.com.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: